none
Group member all of a sudden gets a Blank Project Center for PS 2010 SP1 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a group member that gets a blank Project Center page and the only error is "Error on Page" for the browser window.  Everyone else in that group is working fine and this particular member was working fine until yesterday with the same settings.  I've moved the user to different groups but get the same results and have checked to make sure Internet options are correct.  Nothing I've done seem to make a difference and I'm now at a lose.  Anywhere else I can look?

Forrest

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 4:46 PM

Answers

• Hi Prasanna,

The IT guy says it has something to do with the users local profile.  He did not do much just tested a couple other profiles and it seemed to clear out the error, he doesn't know for sure but whatever he did, now it's working.  Don't you hate those kind of issues because when you least expect it will come up again.  Oh well, thanks for your help, I think it got us going in the right direction.

• Marked as answer by Forrest Thursday, June 14, 2012 5:52 PM
    Thursday, June 14, 2012 5:52 PM

All replies

• Which version of IE are your users using? 

I have been seeing this issue sporadically last couple of days for users with IE 8, and my only conclusion was that some windows/IE update broke the compatability of PWA.

Here is how I resolved the issue:

1. Open the browser window >> Tools >> Compatability view settings
    2. On the Compatability view settings dialog box, add your domain to the list, and make sure the appropriate boxes below are checked. Click Close and try again.

Prasanna Adavi, PMP, MCTS http://thinkepm.blogspot.com

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 5:55 PM
  • Thanks Prasanna,

My IT person indicates that this solution didn't seem to work.  He even tried updating to IE9.  He got an error that says there is a line of code in the JS file on the server but I'm not sure what that means.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 9:32 PM
  • OK.. one more thing you could try:

Open IE

Tools >> Developer Tools

Change Browser Mode to IE7

Prasanna Adavi, PMP, MCTS http://thinkepm.blogspot.com

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 9:56 PM
  • That did not seem to work either.  Sorry.

If you come across anything else I would appreciate your feedback.

Thanks

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 10:27 PM
  • Hi Prasanna,

The IT guy says it has something to do with the users local profile.  He did not do much just tested a couple other profiles and it seemed to clear out the error, he doesn't know for sure but whatever he did, now it's working.  Don't you hate those kind of issues because when you least expect it will come up again.  Oh well, thanks for your help, I think it got us going in the right direction.

• Marked as answer by Forrest Thursday, June 14, 2012 5:52 PM
    Thursday, June 14, 2012 5:52 PM