none
Restricted Mode RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials and I have set up a domain network about a few months ago. Now, when I go onto a website like YouTube on Microsoft Edge (as running on Windows 10) - the restricted mode is enabled by default. So I scrolled down to disable it and refreshed the page, the setting has turned back to where it was. So, I am just wondering if there is something like this that you can turn off by the server?

Thanks! :)

Regards, ~Benjamin Hall

Sunday, August 16, 2015 11:16 AM

Answers

• Hi:

Not on my Windows 10 station at the moment but Essentials has almost no policies that affect stations unless you set them.  So my guess is to click the gear icon in Edge (settings) and see if you can change away from Restricted mode.  Also try IE and see if it is a super setting for all browsers in 10, in which case try the Settings for 10 in addition to those of Edge.

Larry Struckmeyer[MVP] If your question is answered please mark the response as the answer so that others can benefit.

Sunday, August 16, 2015 11:59 AM
  • Hi,

If you logon Windows 10 with Microsoft account, confirm that if the Microsoft Account is configure with family safety. That might be has effect on security restrictions.

Best Regards,        
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 11:00 AM

All replies

• Hi:

Not on my Windows 10 station at the moment but Essentials has almost no policies that affect stations unless you set them.  So my guess is to click the gear icon in Edge (settings) and see if you can change away from Restricted mode.  Also try IE and see if it is a super setting for all browsers in 10, in which case try the Settings for 10 in addition to those of Edge.

Larry Struckmeyer[MVP] If your question is answered please mark the response as the answer so that others can benefit.

Sunday, August 16, 2015 11:59 AM
  • Hi,

If you logon Windows 10 with Microsoft account, confirm that if the Microsoft Account is configure with family safety. That might be has effect on security restrictions.

Best Regards,        
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 11:00 AM