Skype for Business 6.0.9319.259 - Meetings now showing company Logo as empty box and dial-in number showing twice RRS feed

• Question

• Not sure if anyone has seen this before, I've recently upgraded to 6.0.9319.259 and since then meeting invites are no longer displaying the company logo and we're getting users having dial-in number displaying twice on the invite, this isn't happening for all users but majority of them. We also see sometimes the arrow next to "-> Join Skype Meeting" turns into à 

The Logo appears when creating the invite but the same dial-in number appears twice, when its sent to the recipient they see no logo but a square box, dial-in number listed twice and the arrow is replaced with à 

Things I have tried

-Test with different images for the company logo URL

-recreate Dial-In Access Number

-set-csdialinconferencingaccessnumber to -ScopeToSite

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Wednesday, September 7, 2016 10:32 AM

Answers

• I have found that if you create meeting from the Calendar app in https://portal.office.com, the invitation works well and the logo appears properly.

If you create the invitation from Outlook 2016, and your Outlook doesn't download HTML images automatically, the image won't show at the recipient's email client.

To resolve that, in Outlook, go to File --> Options --> Trust Center --> Trust Center Settings --> Automatic Download

Untick don't download images automatically in HTML messages. Test again. This should work.

For me, I added the website where I'm hosting my images to the "Trusted Sites" Zone.

I hope this helps.

• Marked as answer by jim-xu Friday, October 14, 2016 7:05 AM
    Friday, September 30, 2016 7:20 AM

All replies

• Hi AdamJK,

Welcome to our forum.

Because this issue which don’t occur to all users, we consider that this issue was caused by SFB client, we suggest you do the following steps to have a try:

1. Re-run “Install-CsDatabase -ConfiguredDatabases -SqlServerFqdn <SQL FQDN> -Verbose”
    2. Update SFB client to the last and rebuild SFB profile on client for no-working users

If there are any questions or issues, please be free to let me know and we will pleasure to help you. If the above suggestion are helpful to you, please make it as answer so that someone who has similar issue could find this thread as soon as possible.

Best Regard,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 8, 2016 3:23 AM
  • Hi Jim-Xu

Running "Install-CsDatabase -ConfiguredDatabases -SqlServerFqdn <SQL FQDN> -Verbose" checked against current databases and all were present and up to date. SFB is currently on the latest SFB version.

Some more things I've done:

-removed the dial-in access number, disabled dial-in from topology and updated services, then enabled, recreated

-export cs-configuration -filename, checked the XML for any duplicate dial in access numbers in the config, only 1 showing

-deleted sip profiles, outlook ost/caches and even removed office 2016 completely

I've also found out that the users who see this issue are on first release SFB O365 client 16.0.7301.1014, problem here is even by removing and installing the current release (16.0.7167.2055) the problem is still there as if first release had made the change to the local machine and removal doesn't remove the issue.

Even creating a new windows profile\different user on that PC the problem persist yet if I install Office 2013 the duplicate dial in access number is not there and any machines that have not gone to first release do not see this issue.

At this stage i'm thinking that its more to do with first release bug that is applying something locally to the machine and once applied cannot be removed with a normal uninstall.

****Update 2

Brand new windows 10 machine, SFB 16.0.7176.2055 and problem appears. Its not appearing on my SFB 16.0.6701.1036

Friday, September 9, 2016 12:36 PM
  • Hi AdamJK,

For troubleshooting this issue, we suggest you post the following snapshots to us:

1. Meeting not show company logo

2. Dial-in number show twice

We are looking forward to your back.

Best Regard,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 6:51 AM
  • Hey Adam,

Have you managed to resolve this matter?

I'm having the same exact problem...

Thanks.

Friday, September 30, 2016 6:39 AM
  • I have found that if you create meeting from the Calendar app in https://portal.office.com, the invitation works well and the logo appears properly.

If you create the invitation from Outlook 2016, and your Outlook doesn't download HTML images automatically, the image won't show at the recipient's email client.

To resolve that, in Outlook, go to File --> Options --> Trust Center --> Trust Center Settings --> Automatic Download

Untick don't download images automatically in HTML messages. Test again. This should work.

For me, I added the website where I'm hosting my images to the "Trusted Sites" Zone.

I hope this helps.

• Marked as answer by jim-xu Friday, October 14, 2016 7:05 AM
    Friday, September 30, 2016 7:20 AM
  • Answer by jim-xu worked for me, recipients no longer getting an empty box where the logo should be.

Sadly still have the dial-in number appearing twice on meeting invites using Office 16.0.7167.2060 (but if i use 16.0.6701.1036 it displays just 1 correctly)

Monday, October 17, 2016 12:41 PM
  • Hi Adam, 

Thank you for updating us, could you also make sure that the CMS replication is up to date with the servers as well and also there is no issues with the  File share as well. 

Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 7:46 AM
  • CMS rep is up to date and file share is fine
    Tuesday, October 25, 2016 7:54 AM
  • Just to update, this is still a present problem regarding duplicate dial-in number. Seems there is a similar post with someone who experienced this as well after version 16.0.7167.2060.

• Outlook Web App is displaying only 1 number (which is correct)
    • Office versions past version 16.0.7167.2060 display a dial-in twice, any older versions will only display one. (this is still happening on the most up to date version as tested)
    • If i enter a second different dial-in number, it will then display the two dial-in numbers with no duplicates. But once this is deleted, it reverts back to duplicating the first dial-in number.

Its almost like the Skype Meeting template is forced to use two lines and because there is only 1 dial-in number it duplicates the first one to populate it. 

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 4:30 PM