Overwrite Reusable Workflow associated with Content Type RRS feed

• Question

• DEV Server:
    I have created a Reusable Workflow in SPD 2010 and Associated it with a Site Content Type.
    I have exported the workflow as .WSP file and saved it locally.

QA Server:
    I have an identical site collection on my QA Server as the site collection on DEV.
    I have uploaded my WSP file to the Solutions Gallery of my site collection on the QA Server.
    I have tried to Activate the Feature on QA but get this error:

A duplicate field name "xyz" was found.

Am I missing something here? Surely a Reusable Workflow can be used to overwrite previous versions of the workflow? I was hoping this was how I could update workflows on my Production server in the future without having to work on the live server.

Or does a Reusable workflow mean that it is only used for moving between environments once?

Monday, October 8, 2012 4:35 PM

Answers

• Hi Sonners,

When get A duplicate field name "xyz" was found error, we can be resolved it by delete the duplicated field and try to deploy WSP file again.
    http://demantprasad.blogspot.com/2012/08/a-duplicate-field-name-was-found-error.html

And data in associate site column may get lost when we redeploy the workflow. So I would like suggest you to create the resalable workflow start from scratch.

Thanks & Regards,
    Emir

Emir Liu

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Emir Liu Thursday, October 18, 2012 2:46 AM
    Wednesday, October 10, 2012 7:11 AM