All Checked-out documents? RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi.

I am wondering if there exist possibility to view ALL checked-out documents at farm level ( MOSS 2007). I am farm administrator,  but not admin for all sites/Doc libraries. So - i cant just manually walk all sites and check "manage Checked-out documents". Some times users are complaining about allready checked out documents but i am not sure it is this "read-only bug" or some another issue.

TIA.

Andres

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 7:09 AM

All replies

•  

I dont think you will be able to view checkout docs under the sites/docs lib. Reason for this is if you want to see all the checkout docs then you have to walk into each site and goto site actions--> "Manage content and structures" and looking for all checkout doc which is available at the individual site level but not at the farm level to view all sites checkout docs.

(OR)

Try with evenhandlers or featue to fetch all the check out doc under the web application level.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 7:39 AM
  • You could write a custom stsadm command or a custom application page which walks an entire web application or the entire farm and lists all files that are checked out.  There's already stsadm commands that have been created for publishing items at a farm level (http://stsadm.blogspot.com/2007/10/publish-items.html) - it wouldn't take much to rework this code to simply flag items that are checked out and/or not published.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 6:05 PM
  •  

Wow. Great work with those custom extensions.

Unfortunatelly I am not able to write code for my need.

Friday, December 21, 2007 10:55 AM