none
Windows update RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am running Windows 10. version 1803

I have a notification that 'Your device is missing important security and quality fixes and needs to restart to update'.

Every time I restart nothing happens and this message doesn't go away

When I go into Advance setting and try and click the Tab 'Automatically download updates' it keeps turning itself off regaredless of how many times I try and switch it on

My computer used to automatically update when I shut down or restarted and now it does not.

I am concerned that I am missing important updates and want to fix.

Please advise and don't be too technical 

Thanks

Anthony

Tuesday, October 9, 2018 8:12 AM

All replies

• Hi Anthony.

Open a Windows command prompt, type winver and hit ENTER: read the Windows version displayed (along with the build number) and compare it against the list that you can find in the Microsoft Knowledge Base article 4099479 to know which builds/updates you could have been missing.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Sunday, November 4, 2018 5:15 PM
  • Hi Anthony.

Open a Windows command prompt, type winver and hit ENTER: read the Windows version displayed (along with the build number) and compare it against the list that you can find in the Microsoft Knowledge Base article 4099479 to know which builds/updates you could have been missing.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

You could also directly update to a newer Windows 10 version by downloading and executing the Update Assistant and executing it; you could also download and execute the Windows Media Creation Tool to download the latest available Windows 10 ISO and create a Windows 10 installation support that you can use to reboot your system and start the Windows 10 upgrade installation.
    Both the tools can be downloaded from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MOS, MTA, MCTS, MCSA, MCSE

Friday, February 15, 2019 10:30 PM