Certification, Comodo Authenticode Signing and WER RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I am going to certify a server application for Windows 2012 R2. It looks like that WER "MUST" be enabled as a policy requirement for the logo certification. Is it correct?

In this case, I see that a Comodo Authenticode code signing certificate is not enough, I need to spend additional 500$ for a Verisign Class 3 certificate? If true it means that we need to spend 499$ (authenticode) + 499$ (test validation) right?

Is it correct? Or WER is not strictly necessary and I could keep certification valid using a Comodo certificate without WER?

Thank you!

Adriano

Friday, February 7, 2014 3:59 PM

Answers

• WER must be enabled on all test machines used in Certification where MPR Tool is running. There is no cost to enable WER on the test machines, (or at Customer site).

Code signing of your binaries can be done with your Comodo Authenticode code signing certificate.

About WER: It is a recommended best practice to sign up to receive your WER data from Microsoft. This is optional, and does require a VeriSign Organizational Certificate to create an account at http://SysDev.Microsoft.com to receive your Windows Error Reporting data.

Thursday, February 13, 2014 8:29 PM