System mailbox and associated user account in ad RRS feed

• Question

• I have a single domain with three exchange 2003 servers in different sites.

One of these servers has an issue that all mailbox stores have the appropriate system mailbox/ad account, smtp mailbox and the fsg store contains the attendant, system, smtp as well. But all ad accounts associated with each system mailbox are in a disable state. Can I just enable the account? This is causing msexchangefbpublish 8207 errors.

Thanks much!

Friday, October 10, 2014 6:17 PM

Answers

• Hi SenileMykel,

According to the event ID, it’s no relation to system mailbox. This event may occur if the public folder store, where Free Busy information is published, is in the Dismounted state.

Please use ADSI edit to check whether CN=Folder Hierarchies container under the First Administrative Group is exist, and also check CN= Public Folders container is located in the correct location. More detail steps please refer to following link, for your reference:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd361736(v=exchg.80).aspx

Additional, Exchange server 2003 has been out of support, I suggest upgrade to Exchange server 2010 or 2013.

Best Regards,
    Allen Wang

• Edited by Allen_WangJF Tuesday, October 21, 2014 6:59 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mavis_Huang Monday, October 27, 2014 10:47 AM
    Tuesday, October 21, 2014 6:58 AM

All replies

• These AD accounts for the SystemMailboxes are normally disabled out of the box. Enabling them won't fix that error.

The error you are receiving seems to be related to Public Folder Synchronization.

Do you have any other errors in the Application Logs?

Check out my latest blog posts on www.supertekboy.com A tech blog for I.T. Superheroes.

Saturday, October 11, 2014 6:17 AM
  • Hi SenileMykel,

According to the event ID, it’s no relation to system mailbox. This event may occur if the public folder store, where Free Busy information is published, is in the Dismounted state.

Please use ADSI edit to check whether CN=Folder Hierarchies container under the First Administrative Group is exist, and also check CN= Public Folders container is located in the correct location. More detail steps please refer to following link, for your reference:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd361736(v=exchg.80).aspx

Additional, Exchange server 2003 has been out of support, I suggest upgrade to Exchange server 2010 or 2013.

Best Regards,
    Allen Wang

• Edited by Allen_WangJF Tuesday, October 21, 2014 6:59 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mavis_Huang Monday, October 27, 2014 10:47 AM
    Tuesday, October 21, 2014 6:58 AM