none
IE10 - Disable Compatibility View for all Internet/Intranet Sites by default and whitelist just a few Internet/Intranet Sites

General discussion

• Hi,

We are in the process of testing ahead of a rollout from IE8 to IE10 now the majority of applications used at our organisation will support IE10. 

Currently we have Compatibility View enabled for all Intranet sites but going forward we would like to disable Compatibility View by default and just have a whitelist for the few sites that will still require Compatibility View.

In testing I have managed to disable Compatibility view by default and uncheck the use Compatibility View for Intranet Sites as we desire as we don't want that by default.  However my whitelisted sites do not show when I view Compatibility View settings on our test workstations.  Also if I F12 into Developer options they are not running in Compatibility View.

Can anyone advise of the settings we would need to accomplish this?  Is this possible just using GPO?  Or would registry keys require changing also?

Currently we have:

Turn off Compatibility View (Disabled) - So users can still add websites manually if needed

Turn on Internet Explorer Standards Mode for Local Intranet (Enabled) - Stops Compatibility View being used for local intranet by default

Use Policy List of Internet Explorer 7 Sites (Enabled) - With the sites we would like to be viewed in IE7 Compatibility View still

All other settings are currently Not Configured.  I have tried applying these settings as a Computer Policy and a User Policy with Loopback Processing but neither seems to allow the whitelisted URL's to display in Compatibility View.

If you require any more information please let me know.  Any advice on this problem is greatly received.

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 10:27 AM

All replies

• Hi does anyone have any ideas on this problem.  Suggestions would be very useful, thanks.
    Friday, October 16, 2015 10:40 AM
  • What you have done appears to be correct. It is the same as what we are doing and it is working for us using Computer Policy. Note that even though the settings are being applied they don't show in the users Compatibility View which only shows sites the user has added manually.   
    Monday, October 19, 2015 2:23 AM
  • Hi rcrnz thank you for your response.  That is strange then as it appears we are doing the same but like you have alluded it isn't too important whether the sites in Compatibility View are showing as you have intimated they do not.

What is concerning is that when I am on one of these sites we have whitelisted and I press F12 they are not running in Compatibility View.  I am assuming if you press F12 the sites are listed in Compatibility View?  Can I also confirm if they are Intranet sites?

Thanks.

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 4:49 PM