Missing .dll files RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi guys, sorry if this is the wrong section, but I need some quick help. I replaced my explorer.exe, imageres.dll, and explorerframe.dll files to make the final theme changes a while back, and I've felt this theme I installed could be contributing further to my computer lag, and so today when trying to replace the files, I found the original (I hope) explorer.exe file and put it back, but I can't find the two dll files. Is there a way I can get those two dll files back without having to restore or COMPLETELY restore my computer? I'm running Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium.

Thanks!

**EDIT: Actually, could someone please just tell me what the file sizes are for the two .dll files on Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium so I can check?

*Nevermind, problem fixed. I found another help article online and ran CMD as an admin and then typed "sfc /scannow" and it fixed everything and all I had to do was restart!

• Edited by The 7331 guy Wednesday, August 10, 2011 12:51 AM
    • Changed type Cloud_TS Thursday, August 11, 2011 2:59 AM no action need
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 12:40 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Glad that you have resolved this problem.

And thanks for sharing the experience and efforts here.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 2:58 AM