none
How I Stop the Automatic Calculation of Work and Start/Complete Day? RRS feed

• Question

• When I enter the start date and completion date, the work time is automatically calculated. This work time is equal to the duration (completion date - start date) multiplied by 8 work hours per day.
    I do not want this calculation in the program. Resources do not do just one thing a day, but they do various things, why do you automatically calculate 8 hours multiplied by work time?

To turn off automatic calculation, the manual says that you can set it in the option. I do not know what option to set.

Please let me know! please!
    Thursday, November 1, 2018 6:27 AM

All replies

• Make the task, estimate the duration, say 2 days. Go to the resource sheet view. Make the resource (work type). Return to the Gantt chart view. Resource tab, assign resources using the assign resources dialog. The default assignment is 100%, and yes if you assign the resource at 100% that is 2 x 8 = 16 hours of work. But if you assign the resource at 25% then that is 4 hours of work. Note the difference between duration and work - not the same thing at all. Do not turn off automatic calculation, you want that.

Any help?

Thursday, November 1, 2018 8:44 AM