New-MoveRequest makes Outlook 2010 disconnect? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I was under the impression that when running a move-request users that are runnning outlook 2010 wont be affected and disconnected since they are connected to the CAS servers?

I just tried to move my mailbox to DB02 and my Outlook were disconnected.

# New-MoveRequest username -TargetDatabase DB02

Thursday, September 16, 2010 6:59 AM

Answers

• Hi

AFAIK it should be "online" but... when you have moved the mailbox, CAS needs to switch to the new DB and that could cause a disconnection

This is theory, and if the users are using offline cache mode it shouldn't appear

What Outlook version did you use and what mode?

Jonas Andersson MCTS: Microsoft Exchange Server 2007/2010 | MCITP: EMA 2007/2010 | MCSE/MCSA Blog: http://www.testlabs.se/blog
    Sunday, September 19, 2010 9:46 AM
  • ^--- this. During the move they should remain online and able to access the mailbox, but at the very end when Exchange completes the move they'll have to restart.
    Microsoft Premier Field Engineer, Exchange
    MCSA 2000/2003, CCNA
    MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator 2010
    Former Microsoft MVP, Exchange Server
    My posts are provided “AS IS” with no guarantees, no warranties, and they confer no rights.
    Sunday, September 19, 2010 9:43 PM

All replies

• Hi

AFAIK it should be "online" but... when you have moved the mailbox, CAS needs to switch to the new DB and that could cause a disconnection

This is theory, and if the users are using offline cache mode it shouldn't appear

What Outlook version did you use and what mode?

Jonas Andersson MCTS: Microsoft Exchange Server 2007/2010 | MCITP: EMA 2007/2010 | MCSE/MCSA Blog: http://www.testlabs.se/blog
    Sunday, September 19, 2010 9:46 AM
  • You're still going to see a disconnect when the move is completed followed by a prompt to restart Outlook.
    Active Directory, 4th Edition - www.briandesmond.com/ad4/
    Sunday, September 19, 2010 6:21 PM
  • ^--- this. During the move they should remain online and able to access the mailbox, but at the very end when Exchange completes the move they'll have to restart.
    Microsoft Premier Field Engineer, Exchange
    MCSA 2000/2003, CCNA
    MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator 2010
    Former Microsoft MVP, Exchange Server
    My posts are provided “AS IS” with no guarantees, no warranties, and they confer no rights.
    Sunday, September 19, 2010 9:43 PM