LSASS Make things to Stuck RRS feed

• Question

• Have few days now who LSASS make things in my PC to Stuck.I have few Problems with Games.
    And lots of time when i tray to install programs never run.
    I know the problem is LSASS.exe because when i kill it everything start to work correct again.
    But the PC close in 1 min and the "shutdown -a" option not work

If any know who to fix it please tell me.

Note MicrosoftFixit dont fix the problem.

Sunday, October 26, 2014 9:51 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please know that Local Security Authority Subsystem Service (LSASS), is a process in Microsoft Windows operating systems that is responsible for enforcing the security policy on the system. It verifies users logging on to a Windows computer or server, handles password changes, and creates access tokens. It also writes to the Windows Security Log.

It's dangerous to kill this process.

The lsass.exe file used by Windows is located in the folder C:\Windows\System32. If it is running from any other location, that lsass.exe is most likely a virus, spyware, trojan or worm.

Please check if it is running from other locations, if so, I recommend you boot into safe mode and scan virus on your computer.

Another thing is that since it handles the access token, if the related files or dlls were corrupted, it will block the installation of programs.

I suggest you run following commands to scan your system files as admin:

SFC /scannow

Any error message, please post back the cbs.log for our research.

Please also check the event log and see if there is any error report when you tried to install program, if so, post it here also.

Kate Li
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Karen Hu Wednesday, November 5, 2014 9:52 AM
    Tuesday, October 28, 2014 9:41 AM

All replies

• This process is a very demanding one. More detailed analysis would give you answer. Process Monitor and Process Explorer from Sysinternals are tools you should use.

AND/OR

Visit game vendor support/forum page and ask here. This may be game specific problem and there may be they have solution (any fix or workaround).

In addition to this: If you want to finish applications, use parameter -f in shutdown.

HTH

Milos

Sunday, October 26, 2014 10:13 PM
  • Hi,

Please know that Local Security Authority Subsystem Service (LSASS), is a process in Microsoft Windows operating systems that is responsible for enforcing the security policy on the system. It verifies users logging on to a Windows computer or server, handles password changes, and creates access tokens. It also writes to the Windows Security Log.

It's dangerous to kill this process.

The lsass.exe file used by Windows is located in the folder C:\Windows\System32. If it is running from any other location, that lsass.exe is most likely a virus, spyware, trojan or worm.

Please check if it is running from other locations, if so, I recommend you boot into safe mode and scan virus on your computer.

Another thing is that since it handles the access token, if the related files or dlls were corrupted, it will block the installation of programs.

I suggest you run following commands to scan your system files as admin:

SFC /scannow

Any error message, please post back the cbs.log for our research.

Please also check the event log and see if there is any error report when you tried to install program, if so, post it here also.

Kate Li
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Karen Hu Wednesday, November 5, 2014 9:52 AM
    Tuesday, October 28, 2014 9:41 AM