none
Linking User profile with User Context RRS feed

• Question

• I have another query regarding user context.

when we create a user context, then how can we link that user context to a particular user profile.

also the office location that is available at the sharepoint's user profile are different from the office location present in the user context page.

for eg. office location in sharepoint is tokyo,london etc but the office location at user context is c++, 3G.... this list should be present for only the ask me about field.

what do i have to do to relate the user context with the user profile to get the search result as well as to display the best bet..(i have already filled the field for best and visual best bet..)

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 6:03 AM

Answers

• Hi all,

there is nothing like linking user context with a particular user profile, I guess my question was a little invalid.

But on contrary, i would like to share that if there comes any issue related to this user context process, all we need to do is to synchronize the user profiles by following the path ::

Central Administrator --> Manage Service Application --> User Profile Service Application --> Start Profile Synchronization --> Start incremental synchronization --> OK

We have to walk synchronization whenever we make a new user and user context related to it !

Friday, April 1, 2011 9:21 AM

All replies

• Solved !!

Any queries, Reply to this thread !

Thursday, March 31, 2011 6:29 AM
  • I didn't quite understand what you were trying to solve in the first place in detail, so I'm curious as to what the problem was, and how you solved it? :)

-m

Search Enthusiast - MCTS SharePoint/WCF4/ASP.Net4
    http://techmikael.blogspot.com/ - http://www.comperiosearch.com/
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 8:55 AM
  • Hi Rahul,

It will be great if you could share how you have resolved your issue on this forum. It would benefit other visitors. Thanks,

Sreedhar

Friday, April 1, 2011 1:58 AM
  • Hi all,

there is nothing like linking user context with a particular user profile, I guess my question was a little invalid.

But on contrary, i would like to share that if there comes any issue related to this user context process, all we need to do is to synchronize the user profiles by following the path ::

Central Administrator --> Manage Service Application --> User Profile Service Application --> Start Profile Synchronization --> Start incremental synchronization --> OK

We have to walk synchronization whenever we make a new user and user context related to it !

Friday, April 1, 2011 9:21 AM