Windows 7 Youtube Crash RRS feed

• Question

• I recently updated to windows 7. When I try to watch a Youtube video (or any online video for that matter) the browser will crash. Any idea why?
    Monday, November 2, 2009 12:04 AM

Answers

• Also, please disable hardware acceleration inside Flash Player by right clicking on the video.

• Proposed as answer by Techwrighter Monday, November 9, 2009 12:39 AM
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Monday, November 9, 2009 1:50 AM
    Monday, November 2, 2009 8:35 AM
  • First of all, thanks Techwrighter and Linda Yan, your advice solved the problem. 

tski0203, before installing the recent adobe flash player you have to uninstall the current version. I was having the same problem when I first tried to re-install adobe flash player. 
    Monday, November 9, 2009 12:36 AM
  • If you have upgrade installed (rather than clean-installed) then the version of Flash Player installed on your machine may not be up to date and fully compatible.  I would suggest installing the most recent available version.

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

• Marked as answer by Daniel.Demerse Monday, November 9, 2009 1:01 AM
    Monday, November 2, 2009 1:37 AM

All replies

• If you have upgrade installed (rather than clean-installed) then the version of Flash Player installed on your machine may not be up to date and fully compatible.  I would suggest installing the most recent available version.

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

• Marked as answer by Daniel.Demerse Monday, November 9, 2009 1:01 AM
    Monday, November 2, 2009 1:37 AM
  • Also, please disable hardware acceleration inside Flash Player by right clicking on the video.

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Monday, November 9, 2009 1:50 AM
    Monday, November 2, 2009 8:35 AM
  • I am having the same issue as the original poster.  I just uploaded Winows 7 yesterday adn now I am unable to access any youtube videos, full screen or regular.  As soon as the page loads and I wait for the video to play, it freezes causing me to shut down internet explorer.  I tried to click on the site above to install the ost recent version of adobe flashplayer, and my computer froze again in the process.  Any suggestions for this clueless user?
    Sunday, November 8, 2009 10:41 PM
  • First of all, thanks Techwrighter and Linda Yan, your advice solved the problem. 

tski0203, before installing the recent adobe flash player you have to uninstall the current version. I was having the same problem when I first tried to re-install adobe flash player. 
    Monday, November 9, 2009 12:36 AM
  • Great success! Thank you for your help!

Monday, November 9, 2009 1:26 PM
  • hi,
    I updated the Flash player, disabled hardware acceleration but IE still freezes whenever I get a Flash video or game.
    Im using a bbrand new laptop with Windows 7.
    Anything else I can try?

Thanks,
    Valisa
    Saturday, November 21, 2009 9:14 AM
  • there is no answer here is my exp on this

Hi,

i am having adobe flash issues, i had rc & beta versions prior to install FULL VERSION and it worked fine NOT A SINGLE ISSUE. now flash does not work it just freezezs not responding.
    downloaded new version from adobe as well no change

interestingly enough though once it enters this cycle MCE & WMP will not respond or open until the pc is rebooted

using and tried 32 & 64 ultimate

regards

luke

HARDWARE
    INTEL E6750
    MB: DG45FC
    ONBOARD VID & SOUND
    BLURAY
    4GB
    4X1TB HDD

Wednesday, November 25, 2009 8:48 AM
  • I had the same problem. My computer would crash when watching Youtube videos or listening to Itunes after a couple minutes. I tried numerous recommendations and finally resorted to reformatting my computer and reinstalling windows. This method, however, did not resolve the issue. My solution was to roll back my video and sound card drivers. After this, I had no more crashes. Hope this helps. Here are the steps:

Right click on MyComputer, click on properties, and click on Device Manager. Alternatively, In Windows Vista and Windows 7, you can simply search for Device Manger in the start menu. Next right click on your video adapter and click properties. Next click "Roll back". Do the same for the sound card. 

Thursday, April 22, 2010 1:30 PM
  • Maybe my experience will help. Youtube flash videos were crashing on both Google Chrome and EI8 32bit (running 32bit was supposed to fix the problem).

I noticed that sometimes I would get an error meassage stating that the 8500 graphics card had recovered from a crash.

The problem was fixed by uninstalling the graphics driver and re-installing. Freezinging screens can often be graphics card/driver problems.

Try removing the graphics driver and install latest driver.

• Edited by Davmax1589 Friday, July 30, 2010 7:53 AM typos
    Friday, July 30, 2010 7:51 AM