none
MS Projekt 2010 hides rows and save the open, the text is gone for these lines? RRS feed

• Question

• Project 2010 hides rows and save the open, the text is gone for these lines?
    • Moved by Max Meng Friday, April 26, 2013 7:05 AM
    Thursday, April 25, 2013 9:43 AM

All replies

• I have seen that a couple of times, but I cannot reliably duplicate it. The last time this happend (last week), I made some updates, saved the project, and the task names dissappeared. I tried saving, changing views, etc. - nothing seemed to work. Recovered a backup copy, saved that, and had to leave the project for several hours. When I came back, the task names were back in the schedule. I have no idea what is going on, but it certainly eats up a lot of time when this happens.

When it happened a couple of months ago, the task names never came back. I had to recover from an old schedule. Only lost half a day on that one.

Mike

Friday, April 26, 2013 3:33 PM
  • Do you have SP1 installed for the Project? Install Project 2010 August 2011 Hotfix, it fixes the issue: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2584056

Sapna Shukla

Friday, April 26, 2013 5:48 PM
  • SP1 was installed. The hotfix was not. The hotfix description of things fixed seems applicable:

"Task names and other demand-loaded properties are lost after you perform undo actions in Project 2010."

The hotfix is installed. Now to see if it happens again...

Friday, May 10, 2013 7:59 PM