none
Default Setting RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

When we open the desktop / web professional default hierarhcy and measures come up.

Does anybody know how to change the default setting?

Currently, I just create the default view to use whenever I open the proclarity but if there is a way to change the default either proclairty side or ssas then I want to change it.

Please let me know if anyone has knowledge of this issue.

Thanks.

Thursday, November 29, 2007 6:55 PM

Answers

• I'm not sure I understand your question.  There are a few "defaults" working with this technology.  First of all, each hierarchy in a cube has the concept of a Default Member.  There is also a Default Measure for the cube.  These Default values can be changed in the cube.  ProClarity takes advantage of these Default Members when constructing queries.  You will notice that the first member listed in the Tree Control for the Hierarchy is called Default Member.  Under the covers, ProClarity is using an MDX function called DefaultMember.  The value is completely controlled by the cube. 

When you open a cube in ProClarity, it automatically constructs a query that uses these Defaults.  Now there is some special logic built into the product to layout this "default" query using the following logic:

1. Take the first dimension listed alphabetically in the cube and the first user-defined hierarchy in this dimension (or first attribute hierarchy if there is no user-defined hierarchy) and place it on the Rows axis.
    2. Find the first Time dimension listed alphabetically in the cube and the first user-defined hierarchy in this dimension and place it on the Columns axis.
    3. Select the Default Measure in the Background (WHERE clause) axis.

There is no way to change this behavior.  However, you can create a view that looks the way you want and save it to My Views.  When the Add to My Views dialog box comes up, there is a checkbox to make the view the Home Page, which means it will always open up to that view when you launch the Desktop Professional. 

Alternatively, you can create a special briefing book that contains one view per cube (I call these views Starting Pages) and publish the book to PAS so all the users can jump to a particular cube without needing to know the name of the server or the cube.  I typically do this for my customers so that their "default query" can be anything they want.

Hope this helps!

Friday, November 30, 2007 12:13 AM