none
Online recovery point - maximum number of parrallel backup jobs RRS feed

• Question

• I was wondering if someone could shed some light on this error?

The operation attempted cannot be performed at this time because maximum number of parallel backup jobs are already running. (ID 100104)

I can't seem to track down anything conclusive via google. 
    I initially thought it was due to an existing running Express backup but I get this error even when the job queue is empty. 

Just to add online recovery point jobs are working other members. 

Thursday, August 9, 2018 11:06 AM

Answers

• House keeping - closing.

The maximum number of online backups is eight.   For some reason it seems DPM task scheduler is trying to exceed that.  You can limit it to eight by adding a registry key by running the below from an administrative command prompt.  Then reboot the DPM Server.

REG ADD "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Data Protection Manager\Configuration\DPMTaskController\MaxRunningTasksThreshold" /v 6e7c76f4-a832-4418-a772-8e58fd7466cb /t REG_DWORD /d 8 /f

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, December 13, 2019 11:44 PM