none
Recover deleted offline files windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• We have a nas drive to save data, when we are in the LAN network we can sincronize data from the laptop to the server and to have a backup, but when the users work in another place (house, out site) they are working offline, if i delete a file in this mode (offline) how can i recover the deleted file?  I tried to find it in c:\windows\csc but i cud'nt open this folder , neither export it to a folder.

lewis

Friday, December 2, 2011 7:26 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Do you mean you delete a file when the laptop works offline?

If so, please just connect the laptop to corporate network, then this file will be synced to your laptop.

Juke Chou

TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 5, 2011 9:35 AM
  • Hi,

If you have already deleted these files when you work offline, you may get the files from files server. There is not a recycle bin in laptop for offline files.

Juke Chou

Monday, December 12, 2011 2:01 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you mean you delete a file when the laptop works offline?

If so, please just connect the laptop to corporate network, then this file will be synced to your laptop.

Juke Chou

Monday, December 5, 2011 9:35 AM
  • Hi,

Any update?

Juke Chou

Wednesday, December 7, 2011 8:50 AM
  • Hi, my last action was:

takeown /f c:\windows\csc /r /a

this command lets you open the folder, but i just found the same files and folders that the users had , and never found the deleted file, and i didn't see a recycle folder there.

Lewis

Saturday, December 10, 2011 4:03 AM
  • Hi,

If you have already deleted these files when you work offline, you may get the files from files server. There is not a recycle bin in laptop for offline files.

Juke Chou

Monday, December 12, 2011 2:01 AM
  • Hi,

Since these file have been deleted and you can get them in files server, I will mark this thread. If you need further support, please feel free to get in touch. You may also choose to unmark it.

Thanks for your understanding.

Juke Chou

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 9:24 AM