MS Forefront Client Security RRS feed

• Question

• MS Forefront Client Security Console: Notification screen (at the bottom) indicated as follows

There are 5 new Cleint Secutiry alers in MS Operations manager

When I clicked it it errors out as follows:

SplashScreenForm: An unhandled exception has occured in a component in your application. Click continur and application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.

When I click continue: window opened blank with XXX accross "Alert Views" and I clicked "Alerts" nothing is happening.

• Moved by Nick Gu - MSFT Wednesday, November 3, 2010 2:02 AM (From:Forefront Client Security Reporting)
    Tuesday, October 5, 2010 6:31 PM

All replies

• Hi,

In this case, we may need to collect the relevant information for further research:

Info1: Screenshot for error message

How to capture a Screenshot:

=======================

1. Please press the Print Screen key (Putsch) on your keyboard.

2. Click Start, click Run, type MSPAINT, and click OK.

3. In Paint, click Paste under the Edit Menu, click Save under the File menu, type a file name for the screenshot, choose JPEG as "Save as type", click "Desktop" on the left pane, and click Save.

Info2: MPSreport

1. Download proper MPS Report tool from the website below.

Microsoft Product Support Reports

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=CEBF3C7C-7CA5-408F-88B7-F9C79B7306C0&displaylang=en

2. Double-click to run it, if requirement is not met, please follow the wizard to download and install them. After that, click Next, when the "Select the diagnostics you want to run" page appears, select "General", “Internet and Networking”, “Business Networks”, “Server Components”, click Next.

3. After collecting all log files, choose "Save the results", choose a folder to save <Computername>MPSReports.cab file.

Use Windows Live SkyDrive (http://windowslive.com/online/skydrive ) to upload the file and then send the download address to me directly at tfwst@microsoft.com

Note: Please inform me of the post link in the email subject.

Thanks,

Miles

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, October 7, 2010 8:45 AM
  • Hello Miles,

The log file is uploaded as per your instruction. Please review and get back to me at your eariest convenience.

--abby

Friday, October 8, 2010 4:31 PM
  • Miles,

I send you all the logs that you requested and I didn't hear from you. Please confirm.

-abby

Wednesday, October 20, 2010 5:42 PM
  • Any update for that issue ?
    Bechir Gharbi | http://myitforum.com/cs2/blogs/bgharbi/default.aspx
    Tuesday, November 16, 2010 11:29 AM