Linking upgraded XP to Vista Ultimate to Xbox 360 RRS feed

• Question

• About a year ago I upgraded by Dell Optiplex 745 running Windows XP Media Center to Vista Ultimate.  It has been working fine as both a PC and Media Center recording system.  I just got a Xbox 360 and wanted to link the two unit together but the instructions call for me to run the extender setup under the accessories\media center folder; but there is no software located there (or any where on the system that I have been able to find). 

I down loaded and creates a DVD boot drive with Vista Ultimate with SP1 to see if a OS reinstall would resolve the problem but after I boot from the DVD and enter my product key; I get an failure message that software is unable to run on e:\window\...  My main SATA drive is C:, my DVD drive is D:, my second SATA drive is E: and my DVD burner is F:  Is this a problem with my hardware configuration that is causing the OS install CD to fail (looking up the error code provided no help)? 

Does anyone know of another way to get the extender configuration software installed on this machine?

Thanks

Sunday, November 30, 2008 8:40 PM

Answers