none
My Favorites RRS feed

• Question

• When I a save a web page to Favorites, 2 addresses for the same site are added to MY Favorites. One address has the IE icon before it, and the other one has an icon relevant to saved page. Usually only one of these addresses work. If you remove the working one, you are left with one that doesn't work.

How do it make this stop? When I add a site to Favorites, I only one one address saved, just like it used to be.

I have IE7 and Windows XP/SP3 Desktop

Thanks,

• Edited by Rosey21 Monday, February 7, 2011 2:59 AM
    Saturday, February 5, 2011 4:05 AM

Answers

All replies

• How do it make this stop?

Perhaps you need to take control of or get rid of your AV program?...

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/InternetExplorer/thread/c71aadbe-7308-4dbe-a277-da9522c6e965#86e248fa-2c71-4806-8c25-02d42402dfbd

---

Saturday, February 5, 2011 5:23 AM
  • Robert,

Wow, very intereting reading. I do have AVG, and as a matter of fact the problem with the double addressess saved in Favorites coinside with the time AVG 2010 was upgraded to AVG 2011. I will try saving Favorites with AVG dissabled and see what happens. Perhaps I need a different AV unless they do something about the problem soon.

Thanks a lot for the info.

Oh! Wanted to add that while trying different things, I found out that if you click on the "Favorites icon (double star on the Favorites column), and click "add to favorites" in there, instead of right clicking on the web page you want to save, you don't get the double addresses. But keep in mind I have Windows XP and Explorer 7.

PS. Sorry this is off topic, but I was just wondering if this and the Windows Forums are a replacement  for the "XP Newsgroups" since I can't get in any of them anymore.

Thanks,

Monday, February 7, 2011 3:08 AM
  • I was just wondering if this and the Windows Forums are a replacement  for the "XP Newsgroups" since I can't get in any of them anymore. 

Yes.  MS dropped all NNTP support last October.

---

Monday, February 7, 2011 6:40 AM
  • Thanks!
    Monday, February 7, 2011 9:03 PM