O365: Outlook for Mac 16.31 on Catalina 10.15.1. Shows connected to my gmail account and folder up to date but new emails are not syncing. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

The issue started yesterday 11/18/19. The last new email I received through Outlook was around 4:30am. In the bottom right corner it shows connected to my email account ryan@xxxxx.com. It shows the folder is up to date. There are no errors when I try to send/receive. If I attempt to send an email it does not send and the email shows up in my drafts folder. If I go directly to google all my new mail is there and working properly. I tried using the mail app in Mac OS and it works fine as well. 

I tried adding the account again but it does the same thing. I have closed outlook and rebooted the computer but still no success. What else can I try in order to fix this issue? I really don't like using google or mail apps for my email. 

Thank you for your time. 

Ryan

• Moved by Perry-Pan Wednesday, November 20, 2019 2:30 AM
    Tuesday, November 19, 2019 2:37 PM

All replies

• Hi Ryan,

What changes have you made to Office or Mac before this error occur?

What's your account type? POP or IMAP?

Some email services require authentication for their SMTP server. Let’s turn on SMTP authentication for the POP or IMAP account:

1. On the Tools menu, click Accounts.
    2. In the left pane of the Accounts box, select the account.
    3. Under Outgoing server, click More Options.
    4. On the pop-up menu, select the authentication type, and then enter your credentials as necessary.

If issue continues, test this in a new profile. Check the steps in this article to create a new profile.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by AnnieDs Saturday, November 23, 2019 2:32 AM
    Wednesday, November 20, 2019 2:02 AM
  • Thank you for your reply Perry. It is now working but I didn't do or change anything. Other than what I did in the first message to troubleshoot, I haven't done or changed anything. Outlook did not work for around 48 hours. I opened it just now to try your suggestions and it started working. I have no clue what caused it unless it was some kind of glitch on the Google side since Apple's Mail app worked fine. Anyway, I appreciate your help.

Ryan

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 1:58 PM
  • Hi Ryan, Glad to see your issue has been went away. If this issue comes back, you can feel free to post back so that we can help check it again.

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 21, 2019 1:27 AM