Shared Calendar Enteries To Personal Calendar RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, we use Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2010. We have a public shared calendar that users use to book meetings, telling people if they are off site or on holiday etc.

The system has been in operation and working fine for a number of years but all of a sudden an annoying issue has cropped up. When a user adds an entry in the shared calendar a notification used to come up asking whether you wanted it added to your personal calendar as well. This used to be very useful as not only would then entry then appear on people's iPhone calendar but time zone changes would update when the user travelled.

This question on adding the entry to the users calendar has stopped coming up. I know there is a 'add this to my calendar button' but it doesn't update itself on time zone changes and it was always better automatic.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you

Neil

Tuesday, August 5, 2014 10:58 AM

Answers

• Hi Neil,

According to the description, I know that when you add a new entry into personal calendar, it doesn't update itself on time zone. Please correct me if there is any misunderstanding.

How about the new entry's time zone in OWA, does it same as the view in Outlook?

If in OWA, the time zone is correct, it seems an issue on the Outlook Client side.

I suggest run Outlook under safe mode to avoid some AVs and add-ins.

Please also run /cleanroamedprefs switch command for testing.

Since Exchange 2003 server has already out of support, I suggest migrate to Exchange 2010 server or later.

Thanks

Mavis

Mavis Huang
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Mavis_Huang Monday, August 18, 2014 6:29 AM
    Monday, August 11, 2014 5:28 PM