none
MDT 2012- Can I install IE 11 in the image? RRS feed

• Question

• Can I install IE11 onto an image, then Capture and Deploy it? I'm actually chasing an issue in another thread and wondering if this is a possible cause...

My other thread if you're curious.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/msonline/en-US/5008135e-b37e-4bdb-bebd-8716b4bc6d62/mdt-2012-can-no-longer-deploy-images-unattend-answer-filefor-pass-specialize?forum=onlineservicesexchange

Thursday, March 6, 2014 3:33 PM

Answers

• Can I install IE11 onto an image, then Capture and Deploy it? I'm actually chasing an issue in another thread and wondering if this is a possible cause...

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/msonline/en-US/5008135e-b37e-4bdb-bebd-8716b4bc6d62/mdt-2012-can-no-longer-deploy-images-unattend-answer-filefor-pass-specialize?forum=onlineservicesexchange

Sure you can Install IE 11 into a image. If you want to customize it use IEAK11, and deploy. Of course if you use IEAK11 it needs to be running on a client that has IE 11 installed.

If this post is helpful please click "Mark for answer", thanks! Kind regards

Thursday, March 6, 2014 3:37 PM
  • Yes you can bake IE 11 into the image for deployment.

NOTE: once you put IE into the image, the schema of the unattend.xml file may *change* (different set of features) which is most likely why you are getting the errors in the other thread.

You will need to debug the unattend.xml file to determine which settings should be added and/or removed.

Grab the Panther Logs to debug.

Keith Garner - keithga.wordpress.com

• Marked as answer by BWB Mark Thursday, March 6, 2014 6:33 PM
    Thursday, March 6, 2014 5:13 PM

All replies

Sure you can Install IE 11 into a image. If you want to customize it use IEAK11, and deploy. Of course if you use IEAK11 it needs to be running on a client that has IE 11 installed.

Thursday, March 6, 2014 3:37 PM

NOTE: once you put IE into the image, the schema of the unattend.xml file may *change* (different set of features) which is most likely why you are getting the errors in the other thread.

You will need to debug the unattend.xml file to determine which settings should be added and/or removed.

• Marked as answer by BWB Mark Thursday, March 6, 2014 6:33 PM
    Thursday, March 6, 2014 5:13 PM

Yes Keith good point on baking it in, and noting the chnages with the unattened.xml :)

Thursday, March 6, 2014 5:48 PM
  • OK, got it... and yes, ran into a slew of issues hence why I asked.  The Could not parse..for pass- Specialize is indeed what I got.  I commented out the IEWelcome (and finally, the right way this time) and was able to successfully deploy IE11.

Thanks gang!

Thursday, March 6, 2014 6:35 PM