which version of Office 2010 professional to purchase 32 bit or 16 bit RRS feed

• Question

• I just purchased a Panasonic Toughbook with Windows 7 Professional .... and need to purchase MS Office 2010 Professional 1 user disk ..... which version should I purchase the 32 bit or the 16 bit. I need to be able to work with previously purchased programs so I do not have to repurchase newer versions.    
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 5:20 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can read this article: "Choose the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Microsoft Office"

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/choose-the-32-bit-or-64-bit-version-of-microsoft-office-HA010369476.aspx

IMPORTANT    The 32-bit version of Office 2010 is the recommended option for most people, because it prevents potential compatibility issues with other 32-bit applications, specifically third-party add-ins that are available only for 32-bit operating systems.
    Best regards

William Zhou
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 8:10 AM

All replies

• Hi, I recommend 32bit.
    Don
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 8:24 PM
  • Hi,

You can read this article: "Choose the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Microsoft Office"

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/choose-the-32-bit-or-64-bit-version-of-microsoft-office-HA010369476.aspx

IMPORTANT    The 32-bit version of Office 2010 is the recommended option for most people, because it prevents potential compatibility issues with other 32-bit applications, specifically third-party add-ins that are available only for 32-bit operating systems.
    Best regards

William Zhou
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 8:10 AM