none
MS Exchange System Attendant Service not starting RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

I have exchange 2007 in CCR. One of node is unable to start SA service. It gives error:

Microsoft Exchange SA services on local computer started and stopped...

In event log, event ID 1005 is logged:

Unexpected error A local error has occurred. Facility: Win32 ID no: 8007203b Microsoft Exchange System Attendant  occurred. 

I have checked this link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283257 but it is not helping. These users have read right in my site. Please help. 

Hasan

Monday, June 24, 2013 10:42 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Please check if there is any other errors in application log.

Here is the similar thread for your reference.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/exchange/en-US/b5332244-4cb1-4b5a-a017-e2373a8e44ed/msexchangesa-service-wont-start-in-exchange-2007

Cara Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 6:22 AM
  • IF you say one of node is unable to start SA Service....is SA Started on another node ?

if yes, it is by design where only one node will have the SA and IS in started state and the other node the cluster would start both the services in case of failures. Please confirm.

M.P.K ~ ( Exchange | 2003/2007/2010/E15(2013)) ~~ Please remember to click “Vote As Helpful" if it really helps and "Mark as Answer” if it answers your question, “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. ~~ This Information is provided is "AS IS" and confers NO Rights!!

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 1:37 PM
  • IF you say one of node is unable to start SA Service....is SA Started on another node ?

if yes, it is by design where only one node will have the SA and IS in started state and the other node the cluster would start both the services in case of failures. Please confirm.

M.P.K ~ ( Exchange | 2003/2007/2010/E15(2013)) ~~ Please remember to click “Vote As Helpful" if it really helps and "Mark as Answer” if it answers your question, “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. ~~ This Information is provided is "AS IS" and confers NO Rights!!

It is working on another node. But i think it is not by design. Because SA service was stopped on active node then i have to switch on passive node to get it working. IS service on both node is started. 

Hasan

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 5:33 AM