none
DeployR and grid node (switch to RevoScaleR) RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

I try to configure a grid using the tutorial on deployr.revolutionanalytics.com/documents/admin/install

My head node is on Windows server 2012. The test grid node is on win7.

Everything goes well concerning the head node (localhost).

However, when I try to create a node via the DeployR Administrative Console, I get this error : "Grid node détails provided failed to validate, please check your node configuration and try again."

I tried to disable my firewall. I also created the external folder "data" in the right node directory.

Maybe it is worth to notice that on the node, I installed RRE and DeployR through the files named Revolution-R-Entreprise-Node-8.0.0-Windows and DeployR-Entreprise-Node-8.0.0. And not as the tutorial says: Revolution-R-Entreprise-8.0.0-Windows and DeployR-Entreprise-8.0.0. I only used these files for the head node installation.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Kind regards

• Edited by hecomputing Saturday, May 14, 2016 11:54 PM
    Friday, May 13, 2016 11:43 PM

All replies

• Finally, I switched to RevoScaleR which is better for what I want to do. 

However, I got an error when I want to run R code on the grid via RRE.
    Indeed, when mpiexec is called only on the head node, it works fine. Only on the workstation node (win7), it also works fine but when the grid calls it on both machines, I get an output file named MergedOut.txt in which it is written : "Aborting: failed to get fields from collect command."

Here is what is lauched via RRE :

mpiexec "C:\Program Files\Microsoft\MRO-for-RRE\8.0\R-3.2.2\bin\x64\RTerm.exe" --no-restore --no-save -q --args rxCommArgs(rxCommType='MPI',rxComputeWhere='masterNode',rxNetworkShareJobDirectory='\\\\WIN-XXXXXXXXXX\\\\admcluster\\CCCEFACC1456498DA94FD72705C61ECF\\',rxClusterTarget='mshpc',rxTraceLevel='0')

Here is my test code: 

library("RevoScaleR")
    myHeadNode <- "Head"
    myRevoPath <- "C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft\\MRO-for-RRE\\8.0\\R-3.2.2\\bin\\x64"
    myShareDir <- "\\admcluster"
    myDataPath <- "C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft\\MRO-for-RRE\\8.0\\R-3.2.2\\library\\RevoScaleR\\SampleData"
    myWorkingDir <-"C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft\\MRO-for-RRE\\8.0\\R-3.2.2\\library\\RevoScaleR\\SampleData"

myHpcCluster <- RxHpcServer(
    headNode = myHeadNode,
    shareDir = myShareDir,
    revoPath = myRevoPath,
    dataPath= myDataPath,
    workingDir= myWorkingDir,
    computeOnHeadNode=TRUE,
    nodes=c("Head","Node01"),
    wait = FALSE, 
    consoleOutput = TRUE,
    minElems = -1, 
        maxElems = -1,
    groups=c("HeadNodes","ComputeNodes","WorkstationNodes"))
    rxSetComputeContext(myHpcCluster)

adsFile <- system.file("SampleData/AirlineDemoSmall.xdf",package="RevoScaleR")
    airDS <- RxXdfData(file = adsFile)
    adsSummary <- rxSummary(~ArrDelay+CRSDepTime+DayOfWeek,data = airDS)

Any suggestions?

Saturday, May 14, 2016 11:53 PM
  • Hi,

The supported Windows systems for DeployR are Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2008. Please install DeployR Node on those systems.

Have you installed RServe (not R Server) in the node? It is required for the connection between Server and Node.

Regards,

Carl

Thursday, May 19, 2016 9:25 PM