Test-SystemHealth failing after upgrading Exchange 2007 CCR Cluster to Exchange SP2 Rollup 4 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

After upgradring Exchange 2007 CCR Cluster to SP2 Rollup 4 the Test-SystemHealth monitor is failing.

The error i am getting from the admin console is:
    Unable to execute Test-SystemHealth cmdlet. Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.

When i check the Event log on the active CCR Cluster node is says that a program crash from Doctor Watson:

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: MSExchange Common
    Event Category: (1)
    Event ID: 4999
    Date:  26.08.2010
    Time:  19:00:06
    User:  N/A
    Computer: xxxx
    Description:
    Watson report about to be sent to dw20.exe for process id: 14740, with parameters: E12, c-RTL-AMD64, 08.02.0176.002, MonitoringHost, unknown, M.W.B.C.E.ICLRThreadPool.CorSetMaxThreads, S.R.InteropServices.COMException, 4096, unknown.  ErrorReportingEnabled: False

The strange thing is if i run the Test-SystemHealth in powershell on the active CCR Cluster node it runs without no errors.

I am using Exchange 2007 MP ver 6.0.67020

Have anyone runned into this problem and is there a way to fix this?

Morten

Wednesday, September 1, 2010 9:56 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Morten,

There are same issues in the following threads:

eventid 4999 and 5000 on Exchange Cluster DW20 Monitoringhost
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesoftwareupdate/thread/dd121f78-6393-45a0-8caa-22c6ccb3e86e

Test-SystemHealth did not run successfully: Exchange 2007 Test-SystemHealth Monitor
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/operationsmanagergeneral/thread/b792265e-099f-453f-adbb-2203e9a55b67

It seems like a bug in Exchange 2007 SP2, which needs to be investigated further.

Yog Li -- Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Yog Li Friday, September 10, 2010 11:43 AM
    Tuesday, September 7, 2010 10:17 AM
  • Hi Morten,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as "Answered" as the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios.

In addition, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems.

Thanks,

Yog Li -- Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, September 10, 2010 11:43 AM
  • I can't see a solution in any of the other two links Yog Li provided.

We are also getting the same problem in Exchange 2007 SP2 RU4.

Is this really a SP2 problem? Is it solved in SP3 or any hotfix?

Thursday, September 30, 2010 8:16 AM