Microsoft Office Keyboard RRS feed

• Question

• I was beginning to think I was the only one with one of these keyboards.  I bought it when it first came out = about 2004.  I could never find any information or help on this one problem:  How do you got the PrtScn button to work?  I love the keyboard and am still using XP2 with it.  I mainly bought it because for the first time, some designer desided to put a TAB key by the keypad when any accounting programmer would have put it.  I just haven't been able to get the Print Screen key to work.  I am not using Vista yet on this machine (can't afford it) but it is on my laptop.  From what I have read in the forums, the trouble with Vista and this keyboard, I'll keep my keyboard, thank you.  I guess I am doing this right, I am on disability from Xerox being a sysanalst/lan analyst/adm from as long back as when 2 young men walked into our R&D department and we spilled the beans.  I knew what a mouse and icon and internet was before most of you started school.  But I have a 'dead zone' now so I've lost most of what I technically knew.  So, if some one out there can tell me the correct way to use it I would be appreciated.  I've tried all the usual - F lock, Caps, Shift, etc.  Thanks.  (oh, madame is a French married lady).

Saturday, February 23, 2008 3:58 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Generally, we needn’t to really watch the clipboard, but use Ctrl+V to paste the printed screen into Paint or other image processing application. Save it as a image file if needed.

Besides, please understand that we are not the best support resource for hardware features or functionalities, as devices may differ depending on manufacturers. I just included some general and common information for your reference.

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Microsoft Online Community Support

Thursday, February 28, 2008 2:06 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Generally, you may use the Print Screen (PrScrn) key via the following steps:

1.    Press the key when system is normally running. (The screen is saved as an image and stored in clipboard)

2.    Open Paint or other image processing program, paste and save it as a image file.

If this key loses its function, please contact the manufacturer of the keyboard and report this issue for further support.

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 9:05 AM
  • It's a beginning.  Now, I have to find my Clipboard.  Remember, I am having to learn this all over again.  Thanks for the reply.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 3:44 PM
  • Hi,

Generally, we needn’t to really watch the clipboard, but use Ctrl+V to paste the printed screen into Paint or other image processing application. Save it as a image file if needed.

Besides, please understand that we are not the best support resource for hardware features or functionalities, as devices may differ depending on manufacturers. I just included some general and common information for your reference.

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Thursday, February 28, 2008 2:06 AM