none
Internet Explorer . . . . . failed ! (This crap just started) RRS feed

• Question

• Internet Explorer has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.

Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

STILL NO REPLY !!!! (2 hours later)
    • Edited by DSAPGHPA Friday, May 15, 2015 1:03 AM
    Friday, May 15, 2015 1:01 AM

Answers

• Assuming you are running Windows 7 or Windows 8 :

Can you open the Action Center on the taskbar > Maintenance > View reliability history > View all problem reports

Can you right-click on a few of the "Internet Explorer"  "Stopped working" errors > View technical details

What are the details of the errors?

There is a "Copy to Clipboard" link at the bottom.

Paste the information first into Notepad and then recopy the information from Notepad to post here.

Friday, May 15, 2015 1:13 AM
  • Hi,

I just make an supplement, you can also try to use IE performance troubleshooter to fix this problem for test:

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting\All Categories

On the other hand, try to reset IE and restart system for test.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 18, 2015 3:34 AM

All replies

• Assuming you are running Windows 7 or Windows 8 :

Can you open the Action Center on the taskbar > Maintenance > View reliability history > View all problem reports

Can you right-click on a few of the "Internet Explorer"  "Stopped working" errors > View technical details

What are the details of the errors?

There is a "Copy to Clipboard" link at the bottom.

Paste the information first into Notepad and then recopy the information from Notepad to post here.

Friday, May 15, 2015 1:13 AM
  • Thanks, I'll give it a try and post the results.  Time to call it a day.
    Friday, May 15, 2015 2:49 AM
  • Hi,

I just make an supplement, you can also try to use IE performance troubleshooter to fix this problem for test:

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting\All Categories

On the other hand, try to reset IE and restart system for test.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 18, 2015 3:34 AM
  • Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

STILL NO REPLY !!!! (2 hours later)

If you are keeping up to date with your maintenance I think it would be highly unlikely that you would be "notified" of "a solution" to a new symptom.  E.g. then your report would just be added to others as statistics for an indication of where to focus the next round of diagnosis and maintenance changes.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Wednesday, May 20, 2015 3:19 PM
    Answerer