none
running Project Standard XP version under Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• My version of Office project standard (student edition) originally loaded under XP seemed to install properly on my 64 bit Windows 7 premium new computer, but i can't access it.  Is there any way to fix this? 
    Sunday, April 15, 2012 1:00 AM

Answers

• Hello Bill,

I guess it is Project Standard 2010 - student edition. Click on Start, then All Programs and Microsoft Office. It is supposed to be just below Microsoft Office. You can also type "Project 2010" in the search box as well. If you are making a transition from XP to W7, it may take a while to get familiar with the navigations.

Regards.

Sunday, April 15, 2012 9:33 AM

All replies

• Do you have Win 7 SP1 installed? When you try to start Project are there any error messages? Are there any events from the windows error logs?

Rod Gill

The one and only Project VBA Book Rod Gill Project Management

Sunday, April 15, 2012 3:30 AM
  • Hello Bill,

I guess it is Project Standard 2010 - student edition. Click on Start, then All Programs and Microsoft Office. It is supposed to be just below Microsoft Office. You can also type "Project 2010" in the search box as well. If you are making a transition from XP to W7, it may take a while to get familiar with the navigations.

Regards.

Sunday, April 15, 2012 9:33 AM