none
Another SBS 2003 - Exchange 2003 MAPI32.DLL error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi There,

Had this error pop during installation and now whilst trying to access ESM:

Exchange detected that "C:\windows\system32\MAPI32.DLL" is not the correct version required to run Exchange System Manager or Exchange Server 2003"

The SBS2003 install is a fresh one, no chance of Outlook being installed on it.

I have tried:

Renaming and copying versions of MAPI32.DLL from my installation disks, stopping and restarting services as well as rebooting the server for the error to pop up again.

Renaming the file and reinstalling a fresh copy of Exchange 2003, error popped up again when installing the first version before it had a chance to get to the service pack.

After completing the reinstallation, I again tried renaming the file and installed SP2, completed with no errors, but still have the MAPI32 error when going into exchange system manager.

Server is completely up to date according to Windows Updater.

So any ideas out there to get me out this jam?

Cheers,

Andrew

Friday, July 15, 2011 3:10 AM

Answers

• Solved.

I performed a search on the server for mapi32.dll, I found another copy of this file in C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin. It was a more recent file than the one that was in system 32 and any of the files that I had on installation disks. I copied the file from C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin   ->    C:\Windows\system32. I was then able to open Exchange System Manager without an error, no restarting services or reboots required.

Andrew

• Marked as answer by Andy249 Friday, July 15, 2011 4:30 AM
    Friday, July 15, 2011 4:30 AM

All replies

• Solved.

I performed a search on the server for mapi32.dll, I found another copy of this file in C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin. It was a more recent file than the one that was in system 32 and any of the files that I had on installation disks. I copied the file from C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin   ->    C:\Windows\system32. I was then able to open Exchange System Manager without an error, no restarting services or reboots required.

Andrew

• Marked as answer by Andy249 Friday, July 15, 2011 4:30 AM
    Friday, July 15, 2011 4:30 AM
  • worked like a charm for me , the error was really bugging me in a migration to exchange 2010 ..; thanks !!
    Wednesday, July 5, 2017 7:40 AM