none
Multiple language support for Multiple OS RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Community!

Today I'm face to an asking for our enterprise, 

We currently deploying Windows 7 Pro EN, Windows 7 Enterprise MUI and Windows 8.1 Pro without problem.

During the Windows  7 MUI deployment , I have the choice in the LP to install.

So I imported in MDT the languages pack, in another folder, I mean :

.\MDT Deployment Share

---- Packages

---- ---- Language pack W7 64bits

---- ---- Language pack W8.1 64 bits

Then, I added in the W8.1 task sequence, during Initialization the variable Set SkipPackageDisplay to NO (identical to the Windows 7 Enterprise task seqence), but I don't have any language pack displayed in MDT during the deployment.

Is there a magic trick somewhere to do to unable this?

Thanks by advance ;)

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 3:47 PM

All replies

• Is it that you do not get the menu for Language packs or you get the menu but not the Win 8.1 language pack available to select?  if the second, I would look at the Selection Profile you are using.  If the first, I would ask the following: are you overriding it somewhere else? Is it before the Gather in the task sequence?  have you considered putting it in the customsettings.ini?

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 10:18 PM
  • Hello,

For the W7 MUI task sequence I have well only the W7 LP choice only,

but I don't have nether the choice W8.1 and W7 LP for the W8.1 task sequence.

For the begining, I will set Set SkipPackageDisplay to NO in cs.ini and I will try to play with the selection profile to use W7 or W8.1 LP.

I will have a try when I have a couple of minutes and I let you know.

Thanks !

Thursday, February 16, 2017 8:51 AM
  • Unfortunately, there is no advancement I can't make appears the languages pack into the Task Sequence Wizard.

I still have the solution to install them like a package with DISM at the end of the installation.

Another idea?

Thursday, February 16, 2017 11:00 AM