repairing operating system RRS feed

• Question

• how do i repair my operating system without the installer cd?
    Monday, July 21, 2014 12:22 PM

Answers

• To access the System Recovery Environment in Windows 7, simply boot your PC, just before the system loads the Windows operating system; hit the [F8] Function 8 key on your keyboard which will launch the Advanced Boot Options menu. There you will see a new option 'Repair Your Computer', select this option and hit 'Enter' on your keyboard.

If your computer does not have this function for some reason let me know and I can refer you to some information on how to download and burn a repair ISO file to solve this issue.

Don't forget to mark the post that solved your issue as "Answered." By marking the Answer you are enabling users with similar issues to find what helped you. Lewis Renwick - IT Professional

• Marked as answer by Karen Hu Tuesday, August 5, 2014 1:10 AM
    Monday, July 21, 2014 8:24 PM
  • Hi,

If your computer is OEM, there should be a recovery partition.

The factory restore can also be a choice for your to repair your system. 

Kate Li
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Karen Hu Tuesday, August 5, 2014 1:11 AM
    Friday, July 25, 2014 9:22 AM

All replies

• To access the System Recovery Environment in Windows 7, simply boot your PC, just before the system loads the Windows operating system; hit the [F8] Function 8 key on your keyboard which will launch the Advanced Boot Options menu. There you will see a new option 'Repair Your Computer', select this option and hit 'Enter' on your keyboard.

If your computer does not have this function for some reason let me know and I can refer you to some information on how to download and burn a repair ISO file to solve this issue.

Don't forget to mark the post that solved your issue as "Answered." By marking the Answer you are enabling users with similar issues to find what helped you. Lewis Renwick - IT Professional

• Marked as answer by Karen Hu Tuesday, August 5, 2014 1:10 AM
    Monday, July 21, 2014 8:24 PM
  • Hi,

If your computer is OEM, there should be a recovery partition.

The factory restore can also be a choice for your to repair your system. 

Kate Li
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Karen Hu Tuesday, August 5, 2014 1:11 AM
    Friday, July 25, 2014 9:22 AM
  • I have a missing or corrupt file..i don't have the win 10 operating disk can you advise

Tuesday, December 11, 2018 4:17 PM