Automatically setup skype for business RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are using Skype for business online with office 2016 (o365). I would like to automatically setup user location based on which site the user is in. I have updated our AD Site and Services.

How can this be archive.

Monday, March 4, 2019 9:07 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on my research, you could try to configure the location for SFB online users using AAD Connect, more details you could refer to the following article: http://blog.insidelync.com/2018/02/office-365-usage-location-and-skype-for-business-online/

Besides, here is also an script that regarding setting location based on country code could be as the reference.

And please kindly note that our forum is focus on troubleshooting issues about SFB on premise server, so we suggest you try to cross post this in SFB online forum also to get more support.

So that you will get assistance from both Online community and Technet community. 

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Calvin-Liu Tuesday, March 5, 2019 3:05 AM
    Tuesday, March 5, 2019 3:02 AM
  • Hi Calvin, All user are already setup with location (UK) but I wont to show they current site. e.g if user is in Bristol, UK then I wont to show as Bristol and if user is at a site in London, UK then I wont to show london as the location.
    Tuesday, March 5, 2019 2:03 PM
  • Hi,

Please help further explain your request, did you want to hide the exact city but only want to show the country? If so, you could only set country code for them in the AD without adding any more city info.

And for the detailed method of operation for it, you could refer to the article that I posted in my previous reply.

Please correct me if I misunderstood.

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Calvin-Liu Monday, March 11, 2019 8:13 AM
    Friday, March 8, 2019 10:39 AM