Help-- I am lost- I love the SCM but I can not get past this error message RRS feed

  • Question

  • Login failed. The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with Windows authentication.

    I have spent the last two days trying to get this figured out-  have unloaded  SCM, SQL many times, all to no avail, I have tried all sorts of permissions  -- but obviously I am having a major blonde moment here----  I  REALLY need to get this working. 

    Very simple set up  all on a local Win 7 machine - which authenticates into a AD domain.   It was workign perfectly UNTIL we switched from the Novell to Active Directory  -- now I get this message.

    Any kindness, prayers or help would be greatly appreciated!


    Additional data:

    HelpLink.ProdName: Microsoft SQL Server
    HelpLink.EvtSrc: MSSQLServer
    HelpLink.EvtID: 18452
    HelpLink.BaseHelpUrl: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink
    HelpLink.LinkId: 20476

    Program Location:

    at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
       at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
       at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataTable[] dataTables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
       at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataTable dataTable)
       at Microsoft.SecurityComplianceManager.Database.XTransDataSetTableAdapters.SystemInfoTableAdapter.GetData()
       at Microsoft.SecurityComplianceManager.Core.SystemInfo..cctor()

    Wednesday, April 25, 2012 1:18 PM

All replies

  • Hi Jim, we have never tested such scenario. Based on the information you provided, this is more SQL connection issue after your logon credential is moving from Novell to AD. This may not be SCM issue; it is likely an issue for any application to access SQL requiring the same credential. I suggest to install SQL management studio on the machine and see if you can connect the same SQL instance with your SCM (default is MicrosoftSCM). If you can't use your current credential to connect, it is the same issue as SCM. You have to have your SQL admin to fix the issue, allow your current crdential to access SCM SQL instance. Hope this helps.

    Michael Tan

    Tuesday, May 8, 2012 8:14 PM