locked
Problem with availability information after installation of second CAS RRS feed

  • Question

  • I have all-in one Exchange 2007 SP3 rollup3v2 server that works fine (SRV1). I've installed another CAS (SRV2) and got two problems.

    1.When Outlook2007 connects second CAS it can not use availability information. Out of office assistant and OAB work but no availability. If i restart Outlook several times to make it connect SRV1 i can see availability information. To determine wich server outlook contacts i look at it's logs in %Temp%\olkas. Though there is "no information" about availability from SRV2 there's no any errors in outlook logs or event logs. Everything looks clean... OWA at SRV2 works fine. I've tried to increase logging for availability but can't see any effect of it. No additional information in event logs.

    2. When users open https://srv1/public they are redirected to https://srv2/owa/?modurl=7 always. And if i turn SRV2 off nobody can get to Public Folders by URL of SRV1.



    Wednesday, June 29, 2011 10:11 AM

Answers

All replies

  • Let’s focus on the first issue. To troubleshoot the issue, please perform the following steps.

     

    1. Assure the internal and external URL are configured correctly in EWS Virtual Directory on the second CAS server.

    2. Please run the following test on the client machine when OOF cannot work fine after connecting to the second CAS.

     

    1. While Outlook is running, hold down the CTRL key, right-click the Outlook icon in the notification area, and then select Test E-mail AutoConfiguration.

    2. Verify that the correct e-mail address is in the box next to E-mail Address.

    3. Clear the check boxes next to Use Guessmart and Secure Guessmart Authentication.

    4. On the Test E-mail AutoConfiguration page, verify that the check box next to Use AutoDiscover is selected, and then click the Test button.

    5. Then, please capture the Result window and Log window, and then post it here.

     

    Thanks.

    Novak

     


    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, July 4, 2011 6:25 AM
  • Thanks for reply but I've found the solution already and wrote it here (in russian): http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ru-ru/ocses2007ru/thread/ca8a3a58-bf4f-43f5-8333-3373b2ad12fd

    The thing is .net35SP1

    I uninstalled all versions of .net, installed 3.5 (without SP1) and recreated virtual folders.

    It is realy strange for me. This bug was found 2 years ago and still alive.

    • Marked as answer by vden Monday, July 4, 2011 1:15 PM
    Monday, July 4, 2011 1:15 PM