Resolved: Persistent HD folders coming? RRS feed

• Question

• If only I'd READ that handbook before posting this message I'd have found that one can create a separate partition and keep it unprotected for profiles and persistent data. Sorry...

=====================================================================================

I've been testing SteadyState as a replacement for Faronics DeepFreeze and find it very promising. The only thing "missing" is the ability to partition off a small area on the HD that would stay persistent (like DeepFreeze's Thawspace feature).

Does anyone know if that's in the plans for the future? Is MS thinking of incorporating the facility to allow persistent storage across reboots?

Russ
    rfoszcz

Tuesday, April 29, 2008 5:51 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

Currently, SteadyState does not have this function. However, I will forward your feedback to our product group.

We always welcome customer feedback and thank you for providing us with your comments.  If you have any concerns regarding Microsoft products, you can contact our customer service directly. We strive to capture any and all product issues/feedback so as to ensure we are continuously developing Microsoft products to meet customer needs. You are also welcome to add your comments to make Microsoft products easier and more powerful to use.

Regards,

Tim Quan - MSFT

Thursday, May 1, 2008 8:36 AM