Project 2010 asking serial number RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I've already sequence a package Project 2010, my environment using KMS Server. Then I add the package to App-V console, but the strange is after I add the package, the file association is empty, so I add manually.

But, after I open the program from my client, Project 2010 asking for serial number, I've already install the deployment kit also. Any ideas?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, July 14, 2011 3:29 AM

Answers

• Hi, 

Project 2010 now working, I got wrong installing the deployment kit at client computer.

but then I went installing Visio 2010, it happening again (asking serial number), what the correct command for license flag if I installing multiple Office 2010 product (Project, Visio, Word, etc)

can I do this for license flag ?  msiexec /i OffVirt.msi [featureflags] PROPLUS=1 PROJECTPRO=1 OUTLOOK=1 KMSSERVICENAME=”kms.contoso.com” KMSSERVICEPORT=1689 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by znack Friday, July 15, 2011 9:31 AM
    • Marked as answer by Krisna Ismayanto Friday, July 15, 2011 9:44 AM
    Friday, July 15, 2011 9:28 AM

All replies

• Hello,

How did you install the deployment kit on the sequencer and on the client?
    /Znack
    Thursday, July 14, 2011 6:04 AM
  • Hi, 

I followed this : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/983462

Thursday, July 14, 2011 6:38 AM
  • Hello,

That contains several possible options of how you can install the deployment toolkit - it does not give us an idea of what you did.
    /Znack
    Thursday, July 14, 2011 6:56 AM
  • Hi, 

Project 2010 now working, I got wrong installing the deployment kit at client computer.

but then I went installing Visio 2010, it happening again (asking serial number), what the correct command for license flag if I installing multiple Office 2010 product (Project, Visio, Word, etc)

can I do this for license flag ?  msiexec /i OffVirt.msi [featureflags] PROPLUS=1 PROJECTPRO=1 OUTLOOK=1 KMSSERVICENAME=”kms.contoso.com” KMSSERVICEPORT=1689 

• Proposed as answer by znack Friday, July 15, 2011 9:31 AM
    • Marked as answer by Krisna Ismayanto Friday, July 15, 2011 9:44 AM
    Friday, July 15, 2011 9:28 AM
  • Hello,

Yes
    /Znack
    Friday, July 15, 2011 9:31 AM
  • You need to run OFFVIRT twice, once for the proxies (feature flags) and again for the license e.g.

msiexec /i offvirt PROPLUS=1 PROJECTPRO=1 VISIOPRO=1

msiexec /i offvirt [featureflags]

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.
    Friday, July 15, 2011 9:32 AM