none
How to move the MSHIS_2010 database ? RRS feed

• Question

• We have to suppress an obsolete SQL-server, but, unfortunaltely, it contains the HIS2010-database called "MSHIS_Data" database.

Question : How to move this database to another SQL server ?

Of course, we know the Backup & Restore and recreate the HIS user.. But how to make this change taken into count on the HIS 2010 server ?

We found the SQL in a registre key called "HKLM \Software \Microsoft \MSSQLServer \Client \SuperSocketnetLib \LastConnext"

Can we modify it ?

Thanks for answer..

Friday, June 1, 2012 9:35 AM

Answers

• Oh, you know what...d'oh....for whatever reason, I misread the original question - I missed the fact that you were specifically talking about the MSHIS_Data database! My reply was about the MSHIS_HIP database! The former is for "Data Integration" the latter for "Application Integration".

SORRY, mea culpa, probably the easiest thing is to re-run the Configuration tool (should be in your start menu under Host Integration Server), and select a different SQL Server.

Charlie, Stephen, Anyone?????? I am not a Data Int person...

Rob

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 3:20 PM

All replies

• You can edit the registry value:

Key: HKLM\software\microsoft\host integration server\hip

Value: ConnectionString

Replace the "ServerName" value with the new SQL Server's name.

This is assuming you are only moving the SQL DB, and not wishing to install HIS on a new machine etc.

Rob

Friday, June 1, 2012 5:56 PM
  • Hi Rob,

Thanks for fast feed-back. I checked the key, but unfortunately she's non-existent. I checked on another HIS server, with same result: "ConnectionString" is non existent. Under HIP, I have only "HIPServicePath" and "TIMLibPath", both REG_SZ. Do you think we can add this key and see what happens ? 

Best regards.

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 7:04 AM
  • Oh, you know what...d'oh....for whatever reason, I misread the original question - I missed the fact that you were specifically talking about the MSHIS_Data database! My reply was about the MSHIS_HIP database! The former is for "Data Integration" the latter for "Application Integration".

SORRY, mea culpa, probably the easiest thing is to re-run the Configuration tool (should be in your start menu under Host Integration Server), and select a different SQL Server.

Charlie, Stephen, Anyone?????? I am not a Data Int person...

Rob

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 3:20 PM
  • As Rob mentioned, the best way to do this is to run the HIS Configuration Tool, go to the Data Integration Settings and then enter a new SQL Server name in the Server Name field.

The infomation is stored in the registry in the SqlLogConnectionString parameter under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Host Integration Server\Data Integration. If you edit this parameter, you can change the Server parameter in the connection string to point to the new SQL Server system.

The preferred way would be to use the Confiugration Tool.

Thanks... 

Stephen Jackson - MSFT

Friday, June 22, 2012 2:00 PM
  • Thanks Rob & Stephen for your answers... So I'll use the Configuration tool.

Best Regards.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 2:18 PM