none
How to determine if TLS 1.2 is enabled for Internet Explorer using the registry? RRS feed

• Question

• We have an internet based service provider who will soon be shutting off access using TLS 1.0.

I have a list of about 60 users who are using Windows 7 with Internet Explorer to access the web page.

How can I determine before hand, which of them are going to have problems connecting when they throw the switch?

I was hopping to create a report, (by configuring a compliance baseline),maybe based on weather or not they have a certain registry key configured.

I've found one that looks promising:  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\AdvancedOptions\CRYPTO\TLS1.2  Default value 800

But I'm not sure if this will work for version 8, 9 and 10 or 11 for that matter. The key is a good indicator that TLS 1.2 is selectable in IE11's advanced settings, but not if its currently selected.

I've tried selecting and unselecting TLS 1.2 in the IE11 advanced settings, but that doesn't seem to make any changes to these registry settings.

What do you think? Is there a better way to go about this? A different registry key?

Maybe its IE version specific?

Thanks

Saturday, June 23, 2018 4:11 PM