locked
Service Manager Dashboards and Time Intelligence RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    I've been working with SC Service Manager 2012 for a while now and have started to develop the reporting and dashboard side of things.  I'm having some difficulty getting some Time Intelligence filters set up and applied to a Score Card.

    The setup is as follows: SQL 2008 R2 DB, Reporting, and Analysis Services on a single server containing the Datamart, Datawarehouse, etc.  Separate SQL Server 2008 R2 server running the SCSM operational database.  SCSM and SCSM DW are split out onto two separate servers.  SharePoint 2010 Enterprise is installed on its own Server 2008 R2 server.

    I've managed to successfully configure and get intelligent information out of the system following the TechNet step by step instructions. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh916549.aspx

    I have updated the Datasource Time settings as follows (wasn't sure exactly which Dimension to pick)

    Dimension: IncidentResolutionByUserDateDim.IncidentResolutionByUserDate.Dim.Fiscal Year Hierachy

    Member: 2012-07-01 00:00:00

    Hierachy level: Day

    Reference date: 01/07/2012

    YearNumber: Year

    CalendarQuarter: Quarter

    CalendarMonth: Month

    CaldendarDAte: Day

    I've also created a PeformancePoint Filter using the above data source with three formulas in it:

    Month

    Month-1

    Month:Month-6

    When I preview these formulas they pull back the correct dates. If I apply this filter to the score card in the dashboard 0 records are returned for any of the filters.  If I go to the Data Mappings property of the Resolved Incidents KPI for the scorecard and add a TI filter, then I can enter any of the three formulas above and they all test OK in the preview.  If I click 'OK' and update my scorecard then I go from correct results to 0 records returned. 

    I'm not sure what is going on and this is my first exposure to PerformancePoint.  I don't know if I'm using the wrong Time Dimension or whether I'm attempting something that is not functionally possible with SCSM.  Essentially I'd like to create dashboards for management that allow them to select predefined date filters for the score cards.

    Incidentally If I use the Time Dimension: IncidentResolutionByUserDateDim.IncidentResolutionByUserDate.Dim.Calendar Year Hierachy I experience a completely different anomaly.  Setting the start and reference dates as 1st January returns May when I preview 'Month' TI formula and returns January, Feb, March, April, June if I preview 'Month:Month-4' TI formula.

    Any help would be great.  Thanks,

    Tim

    Monday, April 15, 2013 2:41 PM

Answers

  • Check out this blog first:

    http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager/archive/2012/12/07/incidents-or-service-requests-sliced-by-months-quarters.aspx

    then this blog to correct the time filter issues:

    http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager/archive/2013/03/11/month-ordering-by-calendar-sequence-when-slicing-measures-by-calendarmonth.aspx

    • Marked as answer by The_Ronin_69 Thursday, April 18, 2013 8:58 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by The_Ronin_69 Friday, April 19, 2013 11:46 AM
    • Marked as answer by The_Ronin_69 Thursday, April 25, 2013 9:11 AM
    Tuesday, April 16, 2013 8:56 PM

All replies

  • Check out this blog first:

    http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager/archive/2012/12/07/incidents-or-service-requests-sliced-by-months-quarters.aspx

    then this blog to correct the time filter issues:

    http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager/archive/2013/03/11/month-ordering-by-calendar-sequence-when-slicing-measures-by-calendarmonth.aspx

    • Marked as answer by The_Ronin_69 Thursday, April 18, 2013 8:58 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by The_Ronin_69 Friday, April 19, 2013 11:46 AM
    • Marked as answer by The_Ronin_69 Thursday, April 25, 2013 9:11 AM
    Tuesday, April 16, 2013 8:56 PM
  • Hi Chris,

    I tried the first blog post and it works a treat.  I will try the second one today and update tomorrow.

    Thanks,

    Tim

    Thursday, April 18, 2013 8:58 AM
  • Hi,

    After following second blog post the months now order correctly. However, it seems to have broken what the first blog post fixed.  I no longer get any results returned on TI filters that worked yesterday.  I am back with the original problem apart from Months order chronologically rather than alphabetically.

    Thanks,

    Tim

    Friday, April 19, 2013 11:46 AM
  • It turns out I hadn't fully interpreted the Excel Pivot table and use of DIM in the first blog post.  I've reconfigured my Data Source Time settings to use

    IncCreatedDate.IncCreatedDate.Calendar Year Hierachy

    and now it works.

    Thanks.

    Thursday, April 25, 2013 9:11 AM