Skype for Busniess presence information not available for few users RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello team,

I would need some support to troubleshoot and understand why for few people in Skype for business the presence information is not available. It keeps updating and presence is always not shown.

For few people I couldn't send IM and it always failed. Upon checking I found the reason is below:

4240="Server as detected a loop".

The common thing for all users where I have issues are they account keep moving with different pool and now they have got registered in different pool from client machine and on backend on server the information shows different. Clearing Cache on local machine didn't helped us

• Moved by Bill_Stewart Wednesday, May 11, 2016 3:17 PM Move to more appropriate forum
    Wednesday, May 11, 2016 11:24 AM

All replies

• you can please provide more info about your environment?

How many pools you got, and  is the issue always on the same pool?

Which Edge server is defined on this pool?

Is problem same on external network?

How many sip domains do you have?

Does it affect all sip domains?

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Off2work

Wednesday, May 11, 2016 5:05 PM
  • We have overall 4 sites with 16 Pools. Each site contains 4 pools and each pool have 9 different servers. This issue is not with one server or with one pool or site. We are observing same with random users. These users are with different servers and different pools now.

With edge configuration we have 8 edge servers for each site. and problem is same on external network.

We have one sip domain for users. Now I am stuck to understand how we can start the troubleshooting and understand what is causing this issue.

One this is common with effected users are they have moved there pools recently and but on different site the pool information is not replicated properly. In IND region servers it shows the proper pool info details and in AMR site where CMS is running still shows old pool information. I am thinking why this replication of pool info between sites are not working

Thursday, May 12, 2016 9:58 AM
  • If you run this:

Get-CsManagementStoreReplicationStatus

and

Get-CsManagementStoreReplicationStatus –CentralManagementStoreStatus

Are they up to date?

Then run this:

Test-CsDatabase -ConfiguredDatabases -SqlServerFqdn sql01.domain.local | Out-GridView

Where sql01.domain.local is Master SQL servers for all your pools/sites.

Is it succeed on everyone as well? Expectedversion and installedversion should be the same.

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Off2work

Thursday, May 12, 2016 10:35 AM
  • Hello,

Thanks for all your updates. We found the issue was internally with our Active directory servers. We had identified there was problem with Lync servers getting replicated with AD servers and any changes on Lync servers was not replicating to other servers in same pool.

Hence fixing AD issue had fixed all this issue.

Thursday, May 26, 2016 11:01 AM