Microsoft Forefront Client Security RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am currently a Symantec Endpoint Security user.  I have been using it since the mid ninties.  Unfortunatly it cannot stop malware.  I am searching for a product to replace it.  I purchased Microsoft Forefront Client Security and gave it a try.  I do not want a console.  I want to install it on a few users in stand alone mode like you can do with the Symantec product.  Is this posible?  From what I have seen it is not.  I read the instructions in TechNet.  They all talk about building a console and pushing it out.  I am not interested in going that way.

Does anyone know if this product works well or not?  I don't want to waste a lot of time if it is a sub-par product.

Thank You, Scott
    Sunday, September 12, 2010 3:13 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Yes you can install FCS as a standalone client, for that :

• If your client computer is a 32-bit version of Windows, open a command prompt and go under cd drive\Client.
    • If your client computer is a 64-bit version of Windows, open a command prompt and go under  cd drive \Client\x64.

Then, you must use this command line : clientsetup.exe /NOMOM

Also don't forget to verify the system requirements on machines before installing FCS client, see here:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb404245.aspx

• Marked as answer by Miles Zhang Monday, September 13, 2010 2:40 AM
    Sunday, September 12, 2010 3:30 PM

All replies