none
MS Project crashes on opening file RRS feed

• Question

• MS Project 2013 Professional (version 15.0.4859.1002) changed information in the earlier version of my planning (resources partly replaced by numbers or completely removed and some activities changed to "inactive"). I corrected all that again and made some further changes to my planning - and saved the result. If I now open the file MS Project crashes.

Does anyone have any advice/ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Saturday, October 1, 2016 2:50 PM

All replies

• Black,

Thanks for telling us which version you are using and including the version number. Most of the time that's the first question we have to ask back.

Does Project also crash if you create, edit and save a new file? If so, then the problem is most likely with Project, not your file. Try a repair of Project through the Windows Control Panel .

However, I'm guessing a new file will work fine and unfortunately that means your file is corrupt. Take a look at the following Wiki article and implement as many of the methods outlined as you can although you may only be able to use method 3.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/32054.ms-project-clearing-file-corruption-andor-bloat.aspx

Hope this helps.

John

Saturday, October 1, 2016 3:33 PM