Sequencing Nokia_PC_Suite RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi! I am frashman in SoftGrid and i really need help. I need to sequence Nokia_PC_Suite.exe But thise app installs drivers, so i cant sequence this package. So what should i ???

I found out when Nokia_PC_Suite is being installed 4 msi files are copied to Common Apllication folder and one of them is driver.   

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 6:01 AM

Answers

•  riddik wrote:

Another problem appears when i launched app....Launch is failed. I dont know why? There is  virtual service in project and its path is to C:\ drive. But softgrid server use Q drive for virtualization. And I guess i need to change path for service but it is impossible. How can i change path for service?

Is this the same package (PC Suite)?

It doesn't matter if path to NT service goes to C drive, App-V will virtualize it anyways via Virtual File System (VFS) feature that basically overlays files on top of real filesystem and I/O requests goes to Q: drive silently in the background. Also, with virtual services you don't actually start that service directly from the shortcut you publish, so the launch failed -message comes from whatever executable you try to launch. Can you post little snippet from the beginning of your OSD file that is this problematic application?

/Kalle

• Proposed as answer by znack Sunday, November 1, 2009 7:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 11:13 AM
    Saturday, June 21, 2008 7:39 PM

All replies

• You can't sequence hardware drivers. If you really want to run the suite, isolate the drivers and use them physically, and only sequence the application part of the program. Also, make sure you don't include bluetooth connection information in your sequence.
    Tuesday, June 17, 2008 10:32 AM
  •  

Thanks a lot!

Another problem appears when i launched app....Launch is failed. I dont know why? There is  virtual service in project and its path is to C:\ drive. But softgrid server use Q drive for virtualization. And I guess i need to change path for service but it is impossible. How can i change path for service?

Thursday, June 19, 2008 7:33 AM
  •  riddik wrote:

Is this the same package (PC Suite)?

It doesn't matter if path to NT service goes to C drive, App-V will virtualize it anyways via Virtual File System (VFS) feature that basically overlays files on top of real filesystem and I/O requests goes to Q: drive silently in the background. Also, with virtual services you don't actually start that service directly from the shortcut you publish, so the launch failed -message comes from whatever executable you try to launch. Can you post little snippet from the beginning of your OSD file that is this problematic application?

/Kalle

• Proposed as answer by znack Sunday, November 1, 2009 7:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 11:13 AM
    Saturday, June 21, 2008 7:39 PM
  • Hello,

See this as a suggestion and possibility howto move forward;

http://www.viridisit.se/eng/blog/aquire-orgpublisher-and-dymo-label-separation-of-application-and-driver/

/Znack
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 10:55 AM