none
Windows 10 Cannot Reach Network Share RRS feed

• Question

• I have a situation where a Win 10 PRO PC cannot access file share on a Win 7 PC. Prior to upgrading to Win 10 PRO this PC was Win 8.1 and could access the share in question.

PC1: Win 7 Pro with shared drives A, C, not joined to a domain, homegroup OFF, WORKGROUP,

PC2 Win 7 Pro, joined to a work domain that is it not on, homegroup OFF,

PC3 Win 10 Pro, shared drive C, not joined to a domain, homegroup OFF, WORKGROUP. I did a clean upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10 - initially I could mount PC1 A as a drive, but now I get a disconnected error,

All PCs are connected by a simple Telco router. Please take careful note: PRO version of all OSs.

PC1 - can access the files on PC3

PC2 - can access the files on both PC1 and PC3

PC3 - cannot access the files on PC1 (P2 has no shared files/drives). I get the error - MS Windows Network: Logon failure: the use had not been granted the requested logon type at this computer.  I'm using the exact same credentials that I use on PC2 to gain access. One of the recent updates to Win 10 has created a logon problem. Prior to late December 2015 I could get see A,C on PC2 but there were intermittent problems. Since the last week no access at all.  MS has been pushing a lot of updates. 

PC3 - If I go to This PC > Network I can still see the old mapped drive but everything is greyed out.  It's like there is a cache or something that I can't get flushed. 

Any ideas?

Monday, January 11, 2016 2:42 AM

Answers