Office 365 RRS feed

• Question

• Just downloaded Office 365.  I wnet to a site, clicked on email link, Outlook opened and made me register it.  Happened at another site.

1) Can I just unstall it?   I don't want or need it.

2)  I don't want there to be confusion between my Yahoo mail and Outlook--if I have to have it.

Thank you.

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 11:50 PM

All replies

• 1) Can I just unstall it?   I don't want or need it.

If you don't want, then ignore it

2)  I don't want there to be confusion between my Yahoo mail and Outlook--if I have to have it.

Outlook never impact your Yahoo

Thursday, January 16, 2020 3:02 AM
  • Hi,

>> Can I just unstall it?   I don't want or need it.

There are indeed some links on the website, which will open Outlook when you click. Such as Mailto link. If you don't like this, it is suggested to set to prevent your browser from opening applications on your computer (Specific settings depend on your browser). Or just avoid clicking on these links。

>> I don't want there to be confusion between my Yahoo mail and Outlook--if I have to have it.

Do you mean that you have configured both your Yahoo mail account and Outlook.com account on your Outlook desktop client? If so, and you don't want to put the folders of these two accounts together, it is suggested to configure them in different profiles. Or just configure only one eamil account on your Outlook client.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 16, 2020 7:26 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 17, 2020 5:52 AM