none
Windows 10 Activation Key RRS feed

• Question

• I purchased Windows 10 online for my sons gaming machine and everything worked great. He was having trouble with his system logging into Windows so we tried to do a restore on it. Now his machine wants us to activate windows 10 but I didn't receive an activation key when I bought it. How do I request my activation key?

Wednesday, December 21, 2016 6:17 PM

All replies

• Hello

Kindly check this official documentation for assistance.

Activation in Windows 10

https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/12440/windows-10-activation

Regards, Regin Ravi

Wednesday, December 21, 2016 6:45 PM
  • You can also check back with the vendor you bought it from Microsoft likely.
    Wednesday, December 21, 2016 6:51 PM
  • Hi ,

Where did you buy it?
    Based on your description, you didn't receive an activation key when you bought it. Did you buy and activate Windows 10 from the Windows Store? If so, you have a digital license for your device. Your Windows is activated with a digital license. If you’re asked to enter a product key, you can skip this step. Windows 10 will automatically activate online, please ensure it is connected to the Internet. If you did not buy it from Windows store or the issue persists, try contact the vendor that you bought Windows 10 from for help.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 22, 2016 1:51 AM